Park and Ride Lots
Eastern Maine residents who share rides need safe and secure places to leave their cars. The region currently has only a handful of designated commuter park and ride lots. GETTING THERE hopes to work with MDOT and area towns to establish more shared ride parking locations in the future.
- Trenton: Downeast Transportation
- A shared-ride parking lot is available at the Downeast Transportation maintenance facility on Route 3 in Trenton. You need permission from Downeast Transportation to leave your car here overnight. 207-667-5796
- Medway: Irving Big Stop
- There is a Maine DOT park and ride lot at the Irving Big Stop in Medway.
- Bangor: Walmart
- There is a Maine DOT park and ride lot at the Stillwater Avenue Walmart in Bangor.
- Bangor: Odlin Road and I-95
- There is a Maine DOT park and ride lot on the Odlin Road at Exit 182B in Bangor.